Training & Consultation
Sheila is an experienced trainer who has been a leader in the Toronto area in the development of interdisciplinary collaborative team practice and has provided training and consultation to collaborative professionals who wish to enhance their skills using a team approach.
Along with other legal and financial professionals, Sheila provides the following training:
- Introduction to Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice (Level 1)
- Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Skills Training (Level 2)
Sheila also provides workshops on:
- The Role of the Family Professional in Collaborative Practice
- The Importance of Debriefing
- The Challenge of Neutrality
- Parenting through Separation/Divorce
- Making Marriage Work
Consultation & Supervision
Sheila has mentored and supervised the clinical work of numerous mental health professionals and teams. Sheila has also supervised and trained mediators within a court-related context and was previously an instructor for the Mediating Custody and Access Disputes course in the Family Mediation program at McMaster University.
- Sheila currently provides case consultations to mediators and collaborative professionals who want assistance to deal with difficulties they are experiencing in their practice.
- Sheila also offers mentoring and internships to other mediators who are beginning their practice.